Astray

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Argh, sick during DeepaRaya

Good grief, and just when it's that time of the year where I can finally eat some DECENT, chili-based cooking too...

Meh.

Went to 1U yesterday morning to go and practice arcade games (Time Crisis 4 anyone?) and forgot about getting the latest Magic novel from MPH in the process. Since it was already 1 by the time I was done, I thought that lunch could just be something light to eat since in the evening I would have to go to my dad's friends house for Deepavali visiting, and that place has THE best devil's curry. Might as well make some room in my stomach for some free and more deserving food, right?

Well... All I know is that next time, the aforementioned lunch filler should NOT be jusco's takoyaki.

Or maybe it shouldn't be the 500ml of mirinda berry.

Or both.

Argh.

Came back feeling okay... for about 10 minutes. Then this really dull pain starts up around the stomach, and just stays there. Annoying. Decided to take a nap, but when I wake up.... I tell you, it felt like my insides took a Mike Tyson beating. And even then, I was made to go (even though I do like curry and all, I have a simple principle; do NOT force a sick man to go on social visits) for the evening party.

More like evening torture session.

I couldn't even get through a plate of beriani rice, sotong sambal, mutton curry and potato salad. Heck, the girls who went there took seconds for goodness sake. How embarassing is that for me... Oh, but nooooo, it doesn't end there. The host's friends made a mistake in buying the firecrackers; turns out they bought the Chinese type bamboo firerackers. Yes, the long ones. Yes, the ones which you light up the fuse, bolt for your life, and cover your ears for a good 2 minutes or so. Now, normally, I'm not that afraid of firecrackers, but when you're trying to hold the urge to purge (and I mean PURGE), having 3 of those being lit up time after (oh-so-torturous-)time is a mental strain. It really is.

And I caught a fever there too.

Gah.

Currently feeling better.. but I hope it'll go away soon, cause I don't want to miss out on satay TT_TT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home